The use of Digital Printing and its application in the traditional printing methods is expanding at a fast pace. It is a direct to output device process that does not involve any pre-press operation that is usually associated with some traditional printing technologies like screen or lithographic printing. In digital printing the image is created on the computer and is transmitted directly to the output device. Digital printing is now used for producing bus wraps, building wraps, in-store displays, photographic images and fine art prints.
Each digital printing press contains specialised inkjet printers with specific inks and ink delivery system. The choice of the equipment used in the digital printing is also driven by the type of the product and the substrates and inks used. Liquid ink-jet, solid ink-jet, wet or dry toner systems, photographic devices and thermal-transfer are some of the technologies that are used today. The reasons for which you should use the Digital Printing Technology are listed below.
- Digital Printing is ideal to achieve high quality printing in low volume print runs.
- It can economically produce article reprints, posters, brochures, envelopes, reminder-notes and postcards in all the vibrant colours.
- It can effectively change the texts, images, and graphics from one document to another.
- It is also known by the name VDP (Variable Data Printing) that allows it to create endless marketing opportunities from personalised magazine covers to customised postcards.
Now, let’s take a look at the Digital Printing Process in detail:
- Capturing – The basic graphic printing begins by scanning the analog images such as 35mm slides and reflective art. All these elements are converted into digital files to produce a digital image. For this, the scanner transmits light from analog image assigning numerical values to the colours or tones in the image creating a digital copy.
- Producing – After the image is captured, it is transferred to the printing station. The computer directs the printing device to produce the image by reading the dots and the numerical. The digital printing can print in four colour technology.
- Finishing – The produced prints are then laminated to finish them. Special media, inks and laminates can be used to make the images capable of withstanding the outdoor humidity, sunlight and other conditions. Different adhesives can be used to apply the digital images to various surfaces.
Based in Dublin, Quicklinks is an advertising shop offering an array of services such as Graphic Designing, Leaflet Distribution, Web Designing and Printing. It offers to its clients the best services using the latest technologies. It offers the most affordable Brochure Printing Services in Dublin. It is also listed among the prominent shops offering premium Printing Services in Ireland.